This bass was made by luthier Kevin Robertson. He does not make Fender knock-offs.
As you view these photos and read these specs, you might think that nothing is mundane about this bass.
- Fanned Fret – Multi-scale with the low B @ 34″ and the high C @ 32″.
- FRETLESS – I had never played a fan fret fretless – as with the fretted fan fret that I own, I find the frets are not an issue. Fingers fall where they should.
- Q Tuner passive pickups – passive bass with volume , blend, and tone.
- Extended low B tuner layout
- Koa neck , Ebony coated fingerboard
- Body – Mahogany core with Macassar Ebony top, back and headstock – 10lbs
- Ultralight hardshell case
This bass has a big rich tone, much of which I attribute to the Q Tuner pickups.
Style is a subjective matter – how does the bass look and fit ? These are no doubt important considerations , but I think what are most important are tone and playability , both traits that this bass has in spades.