Hey, this a great bass!! Why am I surprised? Well, circumstances have never put a Smith in my hands long enough to form a valid opinion of Ken Smith basses. Well, now I do have an opinion, at least of this particular bass.
Plays effortlessly, and the preamp and pickups yield a wide variety of musical tones. The B is strong, proof again that a 34″ scale bass CAN have a powerful low B.
Here are the specs:
- Walnut core with Flamed Maple top, back and center block, and matching headstock
- The neck is a bolt-on, graphite reinforced, 34″ scale made of Flamed Maple and Walnut runners
- The fretboard is a rich colored hunk of Morado
- The frets are in wonderful shape
- The hardware is gold, and the bass is supplied with the OHSC, KS strap, wax and Allen wrenches.
This bass is in excellent cosmetic condition with only a few minor nicks in obscure spots.