This bass is here on consignment, and am I glad that I have it here. I was aware of Wood & Tronics via their website, and their work looked to be very nice. But, you know, pictures don’t always tell the truth. Now that I have seen their work, I am sure you will see more WT basses here in the near future.
This example has a 33″ scale neck that is lightning fast. The frets are mandolin type, very easy to play – roll off the highs and you can simulate a fretless vibe.
Here are some more of the specs:
- Body – Walnut
- Top – Poplar Burl with inlaid Blackwood “W”
- Neck – 7 piece : Zebrano , Padauk , Ash and Maple
- Fretboard – Ebony , with mandolin frets ( 26 of ’em )
- Preamp – John East : Vol , blend , bass , sweep filter , treble , coil switching for each pickup
- Pickups – Nordstrand Dual Coils with wood covers and matching removable ramp.
Right now this bass is tuned EADGC. No problem to switch that to BEADG – it’s your call
Wait a minute – check out those specs – this bass looks to be perfect for Matt Garrison or Dominique DiPiazza. EADGC tuning, 33″ scale, 26 frets – hey Matt!! Dominique!! Call me.
Wood & Tronics basses are made in Italy , so I gotta make this analogy – this bass plays alike a Ferrari. Too easy!
This bass is in really great shape, a few little scratches here and there , no big deal. It is supplied with a very nice custom Cronkhite (Reunion Blues, but better) leather gig bag and the cloth gig bag that originally came with the bass.