This is a 2010 build in like new condition , by long time outstanding luthier Joe Veillette. He has been making stringed instruments for a long,long time : his acquired skills are evident in this bass.
- Chambered semi-hollow Poplar body – 7ibs, 7oz.
- Walnut top – very nice !
- Maple lined fretless one piece neck , 34″ scale
- Pau Ferro finger board , saddle and tailpiece and Ebony saddles
- D-TAR Eclipse preamp , volume, blenf and tone
- Citron magnetic pickup
- Nut width – 1.68″
- String spacing at the bridge – 19mm
- Veillette gig bag
Here is a quote from a Bass Player July 2009 review
“a wonderfully warm attack and delightfully long decay.Each note’s dynamic bloom had me slowing down to savor the smoky flavor. Tweaking the lone tone knob produced a surprising variety of tonal nuance. Playing up high, blending a bit of the piezo pickup with the magnetic Citron gave notes a pleasant, airy finish… gracefully blends form and function.”
IF you are in the market for a woody, acoustic voice, this might be just the bass for you.
Joe V tells me that a new build like this is now $5,300.
Buy a new one from Joe, or buy this one.
Either way, buy one.