Stuart Spector has been around for a long time, and it’s not because of his good looks. (Same goes for me, unfortunately). No, Mr Spector is one of the original bass builders from back when there were few builders doing high end basses. Think Alembic, Veillette – Citron, Ken Smith, and who am I forgetting ?
What makes this special is the optional Rosewood neck and an ingeniously versatile application of the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp.
- The body is a light colored , flamey 2 pieces of Mahogany and the top is Spalted Maple.
- The neck is a three piece Rosewood work of art ( 35″ scale ) and the fretboard is a separate piece of rich Rosewood.
- This neck is very quick and comfy.
- This bass has two volume knobs ( no blend ), each can be pulled to switch the EMG CS-TW pickups from dual to single coil operation.
- Bass and Treble are stacked.
- The MID EQ knob also can be pulled up to switch the mid frequency from 400Hz to 800Hz.