Here we have a rather unique double cut 5 from Alex Watson.
- The body is Sapele and Bloodwood with Koa veneers – look at the pics – very work intensive indeed
- The top and headstock veneer are Flamed Redwood
- The 34.5″ scale neck is a 7 piece design, again with Sapele and Bloodwood with Koa stringers
- The fingerboard is Macassar Ebony bound with Koa and Bloodwood
- PIckups are by Bartolini and the preamp is the Aguilar OBP 3 with mid frequency selector
- Hipshot bridge, Gotoh tuners
While it is true that Alex Watson is a relative newcomer to the bass builders fraternity, he has been honing his skills for over 30 years. This experience and his meticulous attention to detail account for the high level of build quality, as well as playability and tone.