This is a remarkable instrument, the closest approximation of a true upright bass that I have ever heard. What is really cool is the there are 20 preset tones available , 10 factory and 10 user, each of which allows for bass , treble , reverb type and depth. This bass is not a one tone pony.
The build quality is extremely high , typical of the best of the Japan-based company’s custom shops.
- 34″ scale Maple neck
- Macassar Ebony finger board and tail piece
- Spruce top
- Sycamore back and sides
- DSP preamp , 20 presets, tuner
- Brass end pin , detachable, for true “upright” playing.
- Big bad original hardshell case
- Luminlay side dots “on” frets 1,3,5,7,12 etc – a great aid for improved intonation
- Cello stand for stage use
The bass has an antique vibe, via the tint and the the tarnished brass hardware. Check out that multi-ply binding – classy !