Marek Dabek has been making a name for himself the last several years with his unique Stradi Basses. This is our first example and I am impressed by the design and execution.
- Chambered Mahogany body ( 2,25″ deep ) – 7lbs, 7oz !
- Burl Poplar top with gray tint
- Neck is Oak and Wenge – 35″ scale. This is not a super slim J neck ( more of a P ), there is a bit of meat here , but the bass plays so well that this is soon forgotten.
- Dual carbon fiber stiffening tubes
- Padauk Fingerboard , 24 frets with zero fret
- Lace BassBar pickup
- Glockenklang 2 band preamp
- Hipshot tuners and bridge
- Hardshell case
In a vague kind of way , this bass reminds me of a P Bass. A single pickup located as it is lends a big voice to this bass. The air around the notes assure you this is not a P.