And now, for something a bit out of the ordinary.
This is a very recent example of the custom work possible from Chris Stambaugh.
Here are the particulars :
- Tiger Flame Maple top / headstock veneer
- Maple body
- 9 piece Maple / Purpleheart neck , 34″ scale
- Macassar Ebony Fretboard with wood inlay and subtle fretlines
- Aero custom mag pickup with matching wood cover
- Piezo bridge pickup
- Bartolini 3 band EQ with 3 position mid selector
This is one easy playing 7 string bass. The 34″ scale works well and the B string is outstanding. A ton of different tones reside in this bass – there has to be a few that will tickle your fancy.
This bass is very nearly mint with very little sign of use. The original owner DID use it, but he DID take great care with the bass – yes, this is possible.