Umut Dal is a luthier based in Belgium. While he has been perfecting his skills over the last 11 years, it is only recently that I learned of Umut and his basses.
Now, I am happy to say, our first Safran bass has arrived. What was only pictures and words on a screen is now in my hands and I can develop an informed opinion of this bass.
Very impressive, I must say. The bass plays effortlessly and sounds wonderfully woody and clear.
- Body – Red Alder – 6lbs, 12 oz.
- Neck – Quarter-sawn Hard Maple with carbon fibre stiffening bars , 34″ scale. 1.58″ nut, 19mm string spacing at the bridge.
- Fingerboard – Bocote , 24 Jescar stainless steel frets
- Topwood – Alpine Spruce
- PIckups – Custom single coil hum cancelling magnetic pickup and Custom piezo saddle pickup
- Controls – single volume and single blend pot recessed into the Bocote tailpiece.
Imagine playing three long sets with this bass resting gently on your shoulder.