Handmade in the UK , Overwater has been making fine instruments for 30 years.
This example is a fanned fret. Play this bass and see if you even feel the fan fret “difference “. ( I speak from experience, as I play a Le Fay fanned fret bass ) So, what is the point ?
The fanned-fret layout is a superior design – especially for electric basses. It allows for slightly higher tension in the lower-voiced strings, making them “tighter” with a more focused tone and more sustain. Very easy to play with no period of adjustment.
- White Ash body – 9lbs, 10oz
- White Ash 3 piece neck , 24 frets, 33″-34.5″ scale lengths
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Flamed Redwood top with matching headstock
- Overwater exclusive 3 band preamp
- Overwater soapbar pickups
- Mono rail bridges
- Overwater brand hardshell case
This 2014 bass is in mint condition.
Price new was $4K