The Singer Silk Boy has arrived , and it is simply amazing, which is not a surprise – it is an expectation. Le Fay basses are in the top tier of basses I have experienced over the last 19 years i have been in business.Their basses score high in the three areas I look at when assessing a bass : tone, playability and appearance. Let’s add a 4th – ergonomics – these basses fit like a fine tailored suit.
- Mahogany body
- Figured Maple top
- 5 piece Maple neck , 33.86″ scale , carbon reinforced , set neck design
- Rosewood fingerboard , top dots, 24 frets
- Acrylic closed pore finish
- Three single coil Le Fay pickups
- Langmaack 2 band preamp – volume, 6 position coil select switch, bass and treble , with passive tone control
- Custom aluminum Le Fay bridge, made in house
- Gotoh tuners ( the one element of this bass NOT made in house )
Sometimes words and photos on a computer screen cannot tell the whole story – this is the case with Le Fay basses. You must experience a Le Fay bass to fully appreciate the creations of Reiner and Meik Dobbratz. Let’s make that happen !
NOTE : look closely at the close up pics , see if you can spot the tiny cracks that appeared after this bass’ body was completed. They were repaired by the lads at Le Fay , they are beneath the finish , they are insignificant, just like our birth marks.