Snap, crackle , pop. Who recalls these three magic words from days gone by ? In this case, I do refer to the bass you see here. It is my observation that most headless basses I have played have a quick and articulate attack. Why is this ? I have not received a consensus answer , but that is not important – what counts is what your ears tell you.
- Ash body – 9lbs, 7oz.
- Padauk neck – 35.24″ on the low B up to 33.46 on the G
- Padauk Fretboard with premium fretwork
- 4 Le Fay single coil pickups – proprietary made by Le Fay and for Le Fay only
- Volume, 6 position pickup selector rotary switch , bass and treble boost only , with always engaged passive tone control – this preamp is also exclusive to Le Fay basses and made in house. Active / passive too.
- MONO Vertigo gig bag ( their guitar model is what we use for this bass )
- B Bow
The fanned fret aspect of this bass goes unnoticed by many who play it. It fits very well and feels natural to the left hand. The right hand doesn’t understand – “what’s so special ? ”
You ought to try a Le Fay bass before you make your next bass move. These basses are truly special . I have found no basses I can say are “better” . My words alone cannot tell the whole story – play a Le Fay today , hey !
Follow this link to learn more about the technical aspects of this bass