Jon Hill has been around for many years , but this is the first bass of his that I encountered.
This is an impressive bass , made in 2001.
- Walnut body with Padauk stringers – 8lbs, 9oz
- Flame Maple top
- High Gloss finish on the body, satin non-stick on the neck
- 35″ scale neck, 24 frets, 5 piece Maple with Padauk stringers – 1.61″ nut , 19mm string spacing
- Quartersawn Macassar Ebony fingerboard , with Paua Abalone top dots
- Bartolini pickups and preamp
- Schaller hardware
- TKL hardshell case
The condition is mint- I see no dings, dangs, dents , scratches, etc. The bass plays effortlessly and has an aggressiveness I do not usually associate with Barts.
A new Jon Hill build with the same specs would be over $5K.