A new arrival from our friend in Barcelona, Jerzy Drozd. Jerzy does not make a whole lot of basses, and I feel fortunate to be able to offer his fantastic basses to the US and the world.
The Soul is Jerzy’a most affordable model , but this example has been dressed up a bit – here are the specs:
- Ash body
- 7bs, 4oz
- Ash / Maple 34″ scale neck
- Padauk fretboard, pickup covers and control knobs
- Ebony block inlays
- Aguilar OBP-3 preamp
- Active / passive switch
- Passive tone control
- Mid range frequency select switch
- Jerzy Drozd proprietary Split single coil JeDXS pickups
- Ultralight hardshell case
This bass has a growl that belies it’s delicate weight. Plays like butter. Don’t you just love it when you come across a lightweight 34″ scale bass with a low B that makes no excuses?