This is one of the very first Oracle basses , Jerzy Drozd’s newest design. This fiver deviates from Jerzy’s standard Oracle design in that here the two pickups have been separated. (View the Oracle VI to see the standard side-by-side pickup placement).
- 33″ scale Ash, Maple, and Wenge neck, 5 piece
- Spalted Bubinga fretboard, 20″ radius
- Ash body, 3 piece
- Black Poplar Burl top / headstock veneer
- Two JeDXS split single pickups
- Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with mid select and active / passive switches
- Passive tone control (works in both passive and active modes)
- Hipshot tuners
- Jerzy Drozd proprietary bridge
- Detachable ramp and thumb rest
The Oracle is one the most exciting designs I have seen in some time. Effortless to play and a wonderfully versatile bass. 8lbs. 9 oz. – nice.