The Barcelona by Jerzy Drozd is among the vanguard of modern acoustic /electric bass design. This Barcelona is the 2nd generation, now featuring a set neck design, whereas V1 was a neck thru with hollow body wings. I will soon be comparing this bass with my V1 – stay tuned
- Ash body
- Myrtle top
- Ash / Maple neck , 33″ scale , set neck design
- Gabon Ebony fretboard
- Gabon pickup covers and bridge trim
- Ebony Ramp and pick guard ,both easily detachable
- Passive bass with volume and blend for the mags with a passive tone control and a mag/piezo blend
- Kill switch – once you set your controls, just hit this muting switch between sets or takes – when you resume playing, your tone awaits you.
- Stereo / mono operation
- 7.0 lbs – ahhhhhhhhhh said your back
- 17.5 -17.75 mm string spacing at the bridge
This bass will be an extremely versatile instrument by virtue of the 3 pickups and the 2 blend controls
The stereo option will provide separate outputs the mag pickups and piezo system , thereby allowing the option of ultimate external EQ control.
List is $9,150
Here is the maestro, Carles Benavent – give a listen