8lbs, 4 oz.
Often times the first question I am asked is ” How much does it weigh ? With that out of the way , this bass is a US made bass with many hands in the mix. Designed and licensed by Michael Tobias, sold by The Groove Shoppe ( a NY based bass shop 2003 -2008 ) , US made body and neck , fretwork and assembly by David Segal ( New York Bass Works ) , this bass was made circa 2006-2007.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- Maple 35″ scale neck , satin finish , 24 frets
- Birdseye Maple fingerboard
- Nordstrand pickups with single/dual coil switch
- Glockenklang 3 band preamp
- Protec lightweight hardshell case
One of the Groove Shoppe’s former owners told me they made no more than 20 of these basses. So, this is a great bass , and rare at that.