This is one very rare bass, I have never seen another one like it in person. Back in the early ’90’s , when this biz was just a twinkle in my eye, I recall seeing this bass mentioned in a very old Bass Players Buyer’s Guide.
Made in Japan , but by whom ?
This is a large bodied bass, making it better than average unamplified , though you will need the onboard electronics in band situations.
- 34″ scale 3 piece Maple neck
- Ebony fretboard and Paua Abalone position markers
- Ebony “mustache” bridge
- Flame Maple sides and arched back
- Spruce arched top
- Fishman preamp and pickup
- Original Athlete Axe gig bag
This bass is in wonderful condition, it has a big voice, it plays very well, and it looks cool too.