STR is a bass builder based in Nagano, Japan.
This bass was created by their Custom Shop. It is world class , as good ( my opinion ) as any other builder you can find.
- Mahogany body , 9lbs
- Koa top and head stock cap
- 34″ scale 3 piece Maple neck ( w/two Walnut runners ) , 24 frets – Set Neck Design
- Bone Nut , full width 1.89″
- String spacing at the bridge 19mm
- Deviser dual coil pickups
- Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with active/passive , mid freq select , passive tone control , single/series/parallel switch per pickup
- Gotoh tuners, Hipshot style A bridge
- Gig Bag
This bass plays extremely well , the action can go low and buzz free if you like.
The inherent voice of this bass is warm with the bonus of great articulation. The set neck vs. neck-thru and bolt on has the girth of a neck-thru and the snap of a bolt-on.
The preamp offers extensive tone shaping capabilities, if you are into that sort of thing.
The bass kills in passive mode.
I stand by what I said earlier – ” as good as any “. Play this bass , you tell me.
Have I ever steered you wrong ?